Monday, September 19, 2016

Canning Season


Aryn here... 

Canning season has officially arrived! I have a love/hate relationship with canning season. I love my storage room shelves filled with beautiful bottles of fruit lined up and ready to serve with meals.  But on the other hand, I hate the sticky floors and backaches. I somehow forget about those details, because I end up doing it every year!


Canning season seemed even longer when my kids were younger.  But now they're getting older, they are becoming great helpers.  Sticky floors don't matter nearly as much as seeing them feel important and learn to get a project done - start to finish.  They also realize the amount of work it takes to get food on the table (besides having a little fun along the way - love their "fruity" smiles?)  Here are a few ways to include your kids in the process of preserving food!

No comments:

Post a Comment