Monday, October 8, 2012

Last of Summer Salad w/Strawberry Vinaigrette





The dressing is what makes this salad - slightly sweet/tart, blushing pink color... perfect for any last of summer salad combination you can come up with.  I used beautiful raspberries, crisp apples, and crunchy julienned jicama with baby romaine and spinach - then drizzled on this amazing dressing.



Every year I find myself surprised that fall is always MUCH busier than I anticipated.  Even now that my kids are up and out, there are still lots of things I have to divide my time between.  I want to take advantage of the last fruits of summer as the nights get cold and days get shorter.


A good friend shared this recipe with me.  I love how easy this dressing is to throw together.  As I shopped for it, I found it was harder to find strawberries than raspberries.  So, if you don’t have access to fresh strawberries - you could do what I did and use frozen berries.  A small handful was all it took (I robbed my bag of frozen smoothie fruit) 



It has a beautiful sheen, and the color is a gorgeous rosy pink.  The original recipe calls for water, but I left it out.  If you want it to go further - you may want to add a touch of water, that may change the flavor to be more subtle.


You can drizzle over each individual salad, or mix all ingredients with it so it evenly coats it - your choice.  It’s great either way.



This is even better with toasted, sugared nuts - that recipe is HERE.

This would be wonderful on a fruit plate as well as a salad.  Hmmm.  I’ll have to try that.

You'll find the recipe at:
www.changeabletable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment